Located on a leafy street close to the American Embassy, Oriental Residence is the perfect place to stay if you want a peaceful and refined vacation close to both the shopping haven of Siam and Silom business district. The lobby is bright and filled with the scent of fresh flowers; the pool area is a chic and welcoming space, with a friendly Deck Bar and romantic cabanas, and the fitness centre, although small, is excellently equipped with TechnoGym machines and weights. The two restaurants at Oriental Residence are reason alone to visit, and actually draw food connoisseurs from all over the city to sample the Parisian atmosphere,Tip-Top hotels Oriental Residence Bangkok sizeable TWG tea menu and delectable International cuisine at Cafe Claire, and the cutting-edge Chinese menu at Mandopop. Other bespoke offerings by Oriental Residence include a personal butler service, and an airport limousine transfer in a gleaming, gun metal grey Jaguar XJL.
Theres a boutique feel to the Oriental Residence despite the generous room sizes. Entry level Grande Deluxe rooms start at 45 sqm and thanks to an ergonomic design the room feels even larger, with many appliances stored within a faux-period wall display which looks like vintage luggage, covered in thick leather straps. Of the Suites, the one bedroom units are the most popular room type and at 70 sqm offer space for a well equipped kitchen, ornate dining table, comfy sofa and with the same audio-visual facilities that come as standard: state of the art 42 LCD TVs in living room and bedroom, cables to connect a camera or other device to the television and Ipod docking station - all neatly arranged in a room of pastel creams and blues.
This Hotel is recommended for: Couples, Honeymoons, Business, Sightseeing, Foodies
What we loved:
- Two standout restaurants: Cafe Claire (International) and Mandopop (Modern Chinese)
- Poolside cabanas with veiled curtains offer comfort and privacy while sunbathing
- Walking distance to Ploenchit BTS Station, and complimentary drop off in luxury minivan every 30 minutes
- Rooms designed with hints of period fixtures to create a timeless quality
- Two page pillow menu to choose from and premium quality bedding
- Kitchen facilities in all rooms with TWG Tea stocked as standard
What you should know:
- Location on Wireless Road is close to both Silom and Ploenchit business districts,Tip-Top hotels Oriental Residence Bangkok and Siam shopping area
- Universal plug sockets mean no more adaptors
- The top ten floors are reserved for private residences, serviced by different elevators and receptions
- Compact but very well equipped fitness centre
- The Play Room has a table football game for children but is actually a multi-purpose space for all guests