Hotel Muse is located right in the heart of Bangkok, only 10 minutes walk from Chit Lom station and 15 from the Siam shopping district, as well being close to a great variety of restaurants and bars. Langsuan is an attractive street, with leafy trees fringing the edge. The hotel provides a shuttle to Central Chitlom and the BTS; from there you can jump on the BTS to visit Bangkoks attractions. Walking into the hotel feels like entering a members club from Victorian Britain. Dark wood, low lighting and original vintage posters and paintings decorate the reception area and the hotels interior was in fact inspired by the era of King Rama V.
The 174 rooms are equally as impressive. The six room categories are inspired by Dhevas, the supernatural Buddhist creatures who lead more blissful lives than us mere mortals. Boutique hotels Superlative Hotel Muse Bangkok Every room comes with Wi-Fi, iPod dock and, flat-screen televisions as standard. Dowadueng Corner Deluxe rooms are richly decorated in dark wooden panelling, along with a muted colour palate. The king-size or twin beds are comfortable and decked out in the softest monogrammed sheets. But its not just the room that makes you feel like royalty; the spacious bathroom boasts a claw-foot bath (back in the day, only kings were allowed to use baths with lions feet), plenty of marble and mirrors, along with a separate shower. The best thing is that you can lie back in the bubbles and enjoy Bangkoks lights twinkling outside the window. If you are staying for a bit longer and decide that all this decadence may be a bit too much, Hotel Muse has designed the Yama Residences. Upgrade to these larger, lighter and less richly decorated rooms that also provide espresso machines and Molton Brown toiletries if you need a little extra pampering.
This Hotel is recommended for: Groups, Couples, Nightlife, Shopping, Dining
What we loved:
- Soft monogrammed sheets and towels
- Large bathtub with claw feet
- The vintage decor and retro posters throughout the communal areas
- You are only a stones throw away from some of the best shopping and food Bangkok has to offer
- Great value lunches at Su Tha Ros and Medici Kitchen
- Prohibition-style Boutique hotels Superlative Hotel Muse Bangkok speakeasy on the rooftop with private turrets
What you should know:
- This hotel is all about dark sophistication, so not suitable for those who like things light and airy.
- Small swimming pool
- Free Wi-Fi